Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thing 1-a

Hi! I teach science at AHS- Astronomy, Biology, and Anatomy & Physiology. I came to AHS in January 2008, so I have 13 1/2 years experience total. That half year just throws things off :)
I just finished renewing my certificate and thought this would be an excellent opportunity to build up PLUs for the next go-round. I took some time off to be with my children (hence the half year) and had a bit of a scramble to get my credits in on time. Hopefully, I'll do better this time.
I am hoping to expand my use of the web with my students through this class. I had a class website for years, but so much capability has developed, such as blogs and wikis, since I first started builing my site that I need to expand. I'd like to find some things to make my class site more usable for my students (plus, I'm transferring my site to my own domain name, so hopefully working on assignments for the course will encourage me to get my site going before August!).
Lori

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Lori! It's great to have you on board this summer for the course. By the time this class ends, you'll definitely have a virtual "treasure chest" of tools to arm yourself with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - they didn't offer Astronomy when I was in high school! I'm Nicole, I am taking the 23 things course this summer as well. I look forward to learning with you! http://nicole23things.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete