Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing 13

This was my first introduction to voicethreads. I have been in classes where the instructor recorded lessons in Jing, showing how to do things and demonstrating them- very cool in technology classes! But this was the first I've seen of voicethreads. I don't see myself using it as oftenn as some of other web 2.0 tools, but I think it would definitely be useful for other classes. For my science classes, it would be useful for students to prepare their presentations, record them,m and then allow students to view them and comment on them. It would be a great tool for evaulation- students would be able to "perfect" their work, I could see the presentations and grade them, then include student comments for participation. It's hard sometimes to get students to respect each other's work when doing oral presentations, so a voicethread might help them really evaluate each other's work.
In the examples, I liked the insect collection and the student's art portfolio. Voicethread is a great way for students to show what they've done and report on their progress and what they've learned along the way.

1 comment:

  1. I think using Voicethreads for presentations would be a great use of it. Students as audience members tend to not play close attention, but if participation were able to be measured more easily, such as commenting on a voicethread, then that would make it both a richer experience for everyone.

    ReplyDelete