Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing 14

About the only thing I've done with youtube has been to watch clips of my nephew and niece and to post a few of my kids for family to see. Since it's blocked at school, even the clips I found that would be useful in class haven't helped. There are a few clips I've used in my Astronomy class, but I've had to find them on google video or capture them or something. I'm thrilled to learn how to embed them and to find more places to allow me to "get" the video somehow to show the clips to my classes.

I didn't have much success searching TeacherTube, although I'd heard about it before. I haven't thought of anything yet that I currently do or could start doing that would be video worthy. I'll have to think about that some more...

2 comments:

  1. Check out this site http://www.testtoob.com/home/ It's specifically geared toward science videos showing experiments. I'm not sure if that might be something useful for you, but thought I would share it. Also, since YouTube is blocked, you can always take a video and convert it over at Edublogs.tv, which isn't blocked. It's a free account that you'll need, but once you have that they convert the video for you. The directions on how to do that can be found here: http://tutorialsbyrequest.barrow.wikispaces.net/Websites

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Caroline! I'll definitely check those out (not to mention add them to diigo!)

    ReplyDelete