Friday, July 24, 2009

Thing 23... the end!

Wow. I can't believe it's already over! (and that means next week is coming... aaaah!) This has been an incredibly valuable experience. I almost wish I could have taken it during the school year and incorporated tools as I learned about them, but then, I don't know if I could have experimented as much because of regular classroom duties. So, I guess it all works out. I am going to go back through the things and make sure I have all the links I want to remember and explore further. I have to start thinking about the first things I do in class and decide which tools I will introduce to my classes this semester. I hope to incorporate a couple in the fall, maybe google docs and wikis, and point students to some of the great things I learned about- social bookmarking, sticky notes, organizational tools... I think I'll find ways to actually use them in the future, but I'm going to try to take it slowly so that I don't get in over my head- unable to maintain projects I've started :)- and so that I don't overwhelm my students with too many new toys!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the class. It's definitely a whirlwind to do over the summer and I'm not so sure I'll do it again, just because you can't take the time to truly absorb one "thing" before you have to jump to the next.

    A tiny bit of advice: Start slowly!! That's the best thing to to ensure that both you and your students feel comfortable using a particular tool. Google Docs is one of my absolute favorites and I would love to see more students using it.

    If your students don't have email addresses, which they will need to set up a Google account to use Google Docs, I can help with that. Just email me directly if you decide to go that route.

    ReplyDelete