Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thing 21

I really think I could enjoy Pageflakes, once I figure it out! I'd like to make some pages for various topics like the example about Darfur/ Sudan, but I can't figure out how to get news feeds specific to a topic yet. The sticky notes and message board are things I'd really like to use with my classes, so this is just one more chance to tory it. Of course, I'll have to pick one and stick with it so it won't confuse the little munchkins, but that'll come. I created a pagecast to see how that step works; I'm still working on ideas for class. Definitely useful to point students for searches or to help with current event articles. I think it would be a useful place to put together webquests, although I haven't decided- for things I already do- whether pageflakes or wikis would work best.

No comments:

Post a Comment