Monday, July 20, 2009

Thing 5c

I've struggled with developing a reading habit. I'd like to think it's the craziness of summer. But then, the hectic beginning of the year will start, followed by the influx of papers to grade, then the holidays... and on and on. So, I still need to work on this one. It's still just overwhelming to me to take time to skim everything, because then I'll want to read everything, and there's no time. So my solution? Skip it! Yikes. Seriously, I think once I can decide which feeds are most useful to me, it will help tremendously.
On to the report for the week:
I need to mark or collect or download or something all the information about the 40th anniversary of the moon landing. I won't have an astronomy class till spring, so I need to do it now so I'll have it then. And how funny is it that NASA taped over the original recordings? JFK's "We Choose the Moon" speech is now available on the website. It's on YouTube, so I'll get more practice embedding so I can show my students :)

The Why files, described in free technology for teachers, will be a great resource for my students. I'm very excited to learn about this site. It will be a great way to keep up with the news and how it applies to science.

I'm definitely liking Free Technoloy for Teachers. Thanks, Caroline!

No comments:

Post a Comment